Floral bridesmaid dresses have been trending for a while now, but there is a fine line to making it look flawless, here are my tips to avoid a mish-mash or bridesmaids that over power the bride.
5 TIPS TO MAKE THIS LOOK WORK
- Keep the flowers simple. One color or a monochromatic bouquet compliment the floral patterns.
- If you mix and match floral dresses, keep color families the same.
- Keep the styles consistent. Don’t mix a maxi with a short a-line dress.
- Simple accessories (including bouquets) work best. Avoid printed accessories and statement pieces.
- When mixing and matching dresses keep the scale of the prints similar. You want to avoid a tiny ditsy print with an over-sizes floral full of negative space.
Danielle is a stylist, artist, teacher, freelance journalist, wife, sister, daughter and mumma to two baby girls and one fur baby.
YOU DO what?
Something for Fay is a creative design studio - dedicated to bespoke paper, event and floral design. We’re a one-stop shop for all your pretty things that will make your guests say:
‘It was so THEM!’